A note...

Once you try any of these recipes, please comment on what you think!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Texas Sheet Cake

My Mom use to make this when I was a kid. She told me she got the recipe from my Aunt Tammie. It's delicious and makes a lot.

Set aside
3 cups flour
3 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. salt

Bring to boil
3 cubes of butter
6 tbsp. cocoa
1 1/2 cups water

Mix together
3/4 cup sour cream
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda

Add cocoa mixture then flour mixture. Take out enough mixture to make 4 cupcakes or else it the cake will over flow. You can set that aside until the cake is done. Pour the rest of the mixture into a floured and greased jelly roll pan or cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

Frosting
Bring to boil
1 1/2 cubes butter
6 tbsp. cocoa
6 tbsp. milk
2 tbsp. karol syrup
Then add
5 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Spread over cake. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to try this recipe. I LOVE texas sheet cake....seriously I will eat the whole thing!!