A note...

Once you try any of these recipes, please comment on what you think!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Broccoli Madness Salad

Submitted by: Mary N.

I got this recipe from my Aunt who I think got it from Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant. It is a really big hit with everyone, so I thought I would pass it along!

Ingredients for Salad:
1 bunch of broccoli washed, uncooked and cut into bite size florets
1/2 C cooked bacon crumbled (you can cook it yourself or buy the Hormel bacon crumbles)
1/2 C cashews- I like the roasted salted ones better than the plain
1/3 C. raisins
1/4 C red onion finely chopped


Ingredients for Dressing:
1 C. Mayo
1/3 C. sugar
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar


To Prepare:
Throw all salad ingredients into a big bowl together. Prepare the dressing by mixing the three ingredients until smooth. Pour over the salad. Then toss it until evenly coated. Put in the fridge until cool.- I just think it tastes better cold- but not required

No comments: