A note...

Once you try any of these recipes, please comment on what you think!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Yogurt Cake

I have been searching and trying to figure out where I found this recipe. I know it was from another recipe blog, but can't for the life of me find it. Anyways try it out it is very light and yummy. I used raspberry yogurt, but next time I think I'll try lime because Dustin loves lime.

Cake:
1 white cake mix
8 ounces flavored yogurt(Yoplait is the best!)

Topping:
8 ounces whipped topping
8 ounces flavored yogurt(same as used in cake)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

With electric mixer, slowly mix cake ingredients according to package directions. Gently stir in yogurt with spoon or plastic spatula. Pour batter in a greased 9x13 pan.

Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden on top. Use a toothpick to determine if cake is done. Chill the cake in the refrigerator for 4 hours.

Before serving, stir whipped topping and yogurt together and frost cake with it. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

2 comments:

tammy said...

Sounds like a perfect spring/summer dessert. Can't wait to try it.

Abbie said...

I have this recipe too - it is SUCH a yummy cake.