Monday, September 27, 2010
Honey Lime Enchiladas
I made these for Mike's birthday dinner last night. I couldn't believe how good they tasted. I got it from HERE, on the website that I love so much.
1.5 lbs pork or chicken, cooked and shredded
2-3 (10 oz) cans green enchilada sauce
1 bag mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 bag cheddar cheese, shredded
1/3 c Honey
1/4 c Lime juice
1 tbsp Chili powder
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1. Mix together all sauce ingredients and then add to shredded pork or chicken. Let the sauce soak into the meat for about 30 minutes.
2. Lightly spray 2 pans with non-stick baking spray. I used two 9x13 pans, but may vary with how thick you stuff your enchiladas.
3. Pour green enchilada sauce into pans to coat the entire bottom.
4. Mix together equal parts of cheeses
5. Fill tortillas with shredded meat and desired amount of cheese. Roll and place in dish.
6. Pour remainder of sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle more cheese on top - don't be stingy!
7. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
The recipe says to then turn on broiler and place enchiladas nearer to the top of oven, and then let it broil until cheese is slightly brown and crispy. I didn't do that this time, but next time I will.
I served them with homemade guacamole & 7-layer dip. I also offered tomatoes / onions / salsa for those that wanted it.
These were a hit - TRY THEM!!! ;)