A note...

Once you try any of these recipes, please comment on what you think!

Friday, August 8, 2008

Peanut Butter Cup 'Cups'

I found this recipe on another recipe blog - but for the life of me can't remember which one.
In her recipe she says to roll the dough into balls and put them into the mini muffin tins. I don't know if I beat mine too long or what - but my dough was soooo sticky, there was no way to roll it into balls, so I just put 'dollop's' into the muffin tins - still turned out okay. The top picture is from the blog, the bottom picture is mine. Also, she said not to grease the mini muffin tins. I used the "flour" spray - I didn't want to risk it. And, I would recommend having your kids help, or start unwrapping the peanut butter cups before you even start this recipe. One of the small bags of cups has about 41 cups in it.





Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
40 Miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside
3. Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well.
4. Shape into 40 balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin tin.
5. Back at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool and carefully remove from pan.

No comments: