A note...

Once you try any of these recipes, please comment on what you think!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

7-Up Cake

This cake is a very light lemon flavored bundt cake. My husband loves it and we could only find it on occasion at a few stores. The last store we found it was at Costco. So I was on the search for a good bundt cake recipe and found this one on line at recipes4cakes.com. It turned out super yummy so I thought I would share.

1 1/2 cup butter
3 cups sugar
5 eggs
3 cups flour
2TB lemon extract
3/4 can 7up

Cream butter and sugar together for 20 minutes or until smooth blend is achieved. Add eggs one at a time. Add flour & lemon extract. Fold in 7 up.

Pour into greased bundt pan and bake @ 325 for 1 hour & 15 mins.

I found that that was a little too long to bake so the edges were a little crispy but my family liked that.

This recipe didn't call for a glaze on top so I just made the classic glaze and it made it perfect.

2 cups confectioners sugar
1 TB soft butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 TB milk

Combine sugar and butter. Add vanilla; stir in milk gradually to achieve desired consistency and stir until smooth. Pour/drizzle over top of warm bundt cake.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Hey Rhonda! I gave this recipe to my friend Amy and she said it was fabulous! I'll have to try it soon!