A note...

Once you try any of these recipes, please comment on what you think!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Best Ever Banana Bread


Above is all that was left of the first loaf by the time I got my camera to take a picture.

So this recipe is from an old 4th ward recipe book. Irene Brock is the women who added it. My Mom said she was known for her great bread recipes! I always get compliments whenever I make it! Next time I make it I'll add a picture.

5 large ripe bananas
4 eggs well beaten
1 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
3 2/3 cup flour
2 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup broken walnuts (optional)

Beat bananas to a liquid; add eggs. In separate bowl, cream shortening thoroughly; gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add banana mixture. Combine flour, soda, and salt; blend into batter. Stir in walnuts. Bake in 2 well greased loaf pans @ 300 degrees for 75 minutes or until firm to the touch.

No comments: