A note...

Once you try any of these recipes, please comment on what you think!

Friday, June 13, 2008

Tater Tot Shepherd Pie

This is what I call Tater Tot Casserole. I think it more like Shepherds Pie or something. My family loves it.

1 lb. ground hambuger
1 can green beans
1 can tomato soup
Tater Tots
shredded cheese

Brown hamburger and drain (I like to use the 93/7 ground beef. Less grease.) Mix in green beans and tomato soup. Dump mixture into bottom of casserole dish. Add a layer of frozen tater tots. Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. I suggest covering with a lid or aluminum foil to prevent the cheese from burning.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Okay so all I really saw on this recipe was hamburger meat, cheese and tater tots. On my way home from work one night, Mike called wanting to know what I wanted for dinner. I told him to look up this recipe but to start browning the meat. Well, turns out we didn't have tomato paste. Oops! And we couldn't do the other one b/c it calls for Cream of Mushroom soup and we will NEVER have any of that in our home, so that recipe was out too. When I got home and looked at the rest of the recipe, I saw that it was just like my mom's Hamburger Pie, only substituted tater tots for mashed potatoes and tomato paste for ketchup. So, we used ketchup and it was really good!!!

*whew*