A note...

Once you try any of these recipes, please comment on what you think!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Chocolate chip cookies

I feel like all I've been posting is cookies, but I guess I'm more of a baker than a cook. Here is a wonderful recipe that reminds me of growing up. My friends in the neighborhood loved my Mom's chocolate chip cookies. Do you remember them Sue? I swear my Mom would make them and I'd pass them out to all my friends. Well mine still aren't as fluffy as her's, but Dustin likes 'em.

2 cups shortening
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
5 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon salt
1 package chocolate chips (I like milk chocolate, but semi-sweet are good too.)

Cream together sortening and sugars; beatin vanilla and eggs; sift flour, soda, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake @ 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes on greased baking sheet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course I remember these cookies!!!! I always thought they were better than my Mom's and you know that you can never ever say someone elses cookies are better than your own Mom's
I LOVED THESE COOKIES!!!!!!