A note...

Once you try any of these recipes, please comment on what you think!

Friday, June 13, 2008

Lorene's Soft Gingersnaps


I had these cookies at my cousin Missy's baby blessing for her little girl Jada. Dustin wasn't there for some reason, but when I tried them I knew that he would just love these cookies! If you like gingersnaps you'll love these.

Beat:
2 cups sugas
1/2 cup margarine (3 sticks)
1/2 cup molasses
2 eggs

Add:
5 cups flour
3 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1-3 teaspoons ground ginger (depending if you like ginger)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Roll into balls (1"across or more) Roll in sugar and place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake @ 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes. 8-9 minutes if you like them softer and less done. Take out of oven and leave on cookie sheet for a minute before moving to cooling rack. Cookies crack as they cool.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

These cookies were a hit at my family reunion! I'm not a huge Gingersnap fan, but these were great!