A note...

Once you try any of these recipes, please comment on what you think!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Penne Pasta Salad

This is one of the salads that we had at our wedding reception. We got the recipe from my Mom's life long friend, Maridawn. Ever since our wedding, my food assignment is almost always this yummy salad. It makes quite a big salad so depending on how big the party is I will sometimes half the recipe. And another added bonus, it's pretty inexpensive if you have already got the spices that are in it. Once I make it again, which I am sure will be soon with all of the summer BBQ's coming up, I will take a picture and add it.

Penne Pasta Salad
  • 2 pkgs 16oz Penne Pasta (cook pasta as directed however, under cook by about 3 minutes)
  • 3 cucumbers diced
  • 1 large bermuda onion (the purple one)

Below is the dressing that you will want to pour over pasta approx. 1 hour before serving.

  • 3 cups Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1T salt
  • 1T garlic
  • 3T parsley
  • 1T pepper
  • 1 and 1/2t accent

I hope this makes sense. I have made this salad so many times that my recipe version my not be very detailed. Please email me if you have any questions. rhonda.peterson@sundance.net

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kandis Broadhead said...

This is such a great idea for a blog. I love it. I would love to contribute any yummy ideas I have. Thanks for letting me know about it!