A note...

Once you try any of these recipes, please comment on what you think!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lion House Chocolate Chip Cookies with a twist


Back at Snow College, a friend of mine made Chocolate Chip Cookies and had special ingredients (one is instant vanilla pudding mix). I lost her recipe, so, I altered the Lion House Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and came up with this one. It makes fluffy, soft, yummy cookies.

1 cup butter (softened)
¾ cup shortening
1 ¾ cup brown sugar
1 ¼ cup white sugar
4 eggs
5 ½ Tbs. Water
1 ½ tsp. Vanilla
6 cups flour
1 large pkg. Instant Vanilla Pudding mix (dry)
1 ½ tsp. Salt
1 ½ tsp. Baking soda
1 bag chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, shortening and sugars. Add eggs, water and vanilla and mix until smooth and creamy (this adds air into the eggs and makes the cookies fluffier). Add flour, pudding mix, salt, baking soda, and chocolate chips. Mix Well (I use my hands). You want the dough not to stick to your hands too easily – so add more flour if it is very sticky when mixing it. Spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray, and evenly space tablespoon-size balls of the cookie dough on it. Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are barely turning light brown. **In my mom’s oven it is 12 minutes. So, start at 8, and then check them.

1 comment:

BrittneyandDoug said...

I have made these cookies twice now and both times I have got rave reviews, thanks! I have to bake mine for 12 minutes and it makes alot of cookies!